Saturday 12 April 2014

An Introduction to Me.


I am a stay at home mom of two little girls, 2 years and 5 months old, in my mid twenties, and have been married for 4 years (been with my man 7 years this coming July). We also have 2 dogs, a 9 year old Poodle cross and a 5 year old Basset Hound.
I am a Christian so this blog will have the world view of a Christian. I ask that if you choose to comment, no matter your faith or background, please be respectful to everyone's views and opinions. It is ok to disagree but do so with respect and love.
I have lived with my husband in
Fort McMurray now for 3 years. We felt God had called us here to Fort McMurray, from Edmonton. This is where we have started our family, and until God says otherwise, we plan on raising our family here.
I started working at a daycare here after my daughter turned one, however I got pregnant that same month I started so I only worked about 9 months. Now with two kids, and with plans to have more, I am learning what it means to be a stay at home mom and house wife. Very old-fashioned of me, I know! But I think it's coming back "in-style".
I have always liked writing blogs/notes and sharing my thoughts on different topics and what I have been mulling over, so I thought I would start this blog as a place for me to write and express my thoughts and feelings, and maybe have a reader or two to give encouragement.
As 2014 is my year to grow closer to God and to Dare Greatly, I wanted this blog to be a way to challenge me. To write more and try more projects in knitting, cooking, baking and activities with the kids (and share the results here). I can't say how often I'll write, sometimes it may be 3 times in a week and others once in 2 weeks or even once a month.
I want this blog to be an open and honest look at the struggles, joy and adventure of parenting, and to be an encouragement to others, and not a way of comparing ourselves. I know there are a ton of awesome mommy/parenting blogs out there and I am not doing anything new, nor am I some greatly talented writer. I just want this blog to be a place for me to share with family and friends what is going on in my life and to bring hope and encouragement to others who are on this adventure we call parenting.
Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment